Online Reinstatement
Who Can File Here?
  • Registered business entities that have been Administratively Dissolved can use the Reinstatement process to generate a form that must be mailed to the Secretary of State's office in order to reinstate. Use the Search Tool to see if your business entity can reinstate.
What You Will Need to Reinstate
  • South Dakota Secretary of State Business ID. If you don't have your Business ID, use the Search Tool to find it.
  • A Tax Clearance Certificate from the South Dakota Dept. of Revenue (605-773-3311) will be required when mailing in the Reinstatement form (except for Nonprofit Corporations, which are not required to submit a tax clearance).
  • ALL past due Annual Reports will need to be filed for a business in order to proceed with the Reinstatement process.
  • You can submit and pay for past due Annual Reports electronically. If you do, we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit/debit cards.

Additional Information
  • Information provided should be current as of the date the Reinstatement is submitted on behalf of the company.
  • All customers must print and mail in the form to file their Reinstatement.
  • The Reinstatement fees are:
          Business Corporations$300
          Limited Liability Companies$150
          Nonprofit Corporations$30