DBA - Business Name Amendment
Who Can File Here?
  • Registered DBA - Business names which are 'Active' can use the amendment process to file a DBA - Business Name Amendment.
  • Amendments can be made to indicate changes of address(es) or ownership.
  • The name itself CANNOT be changed through an amendment. Instead, you would need to file a NEW DBA-Business Name and file a cancellation of the unused name.
  • You are required to file an amendment if the address of the fictitious name or owners(s) information has changed.
What You Will Need to File an Amendment
  • Secretary of State DBA - Business Name ID. If you don't have your DBA - Business Name ID, use the Search option to find it.
  • The information for your new address(es) or owner(s).
  • We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit/debit cards.

Additional Information
  • Information provided should be current as of the date the amendment is submitted on behalf of the company (See SDCL 37-11-2).